Thursday, December 4, 2008

Identity Theft! But In A Good Way


Today, I shall invoke the persona of a foodie blogger! Namely, my friend Judy at NoFearEntertaining who's inspired me to bake cookies!

Since my son helped me, we'll add an entry for todays' homeschool lesson as "home ec" to boot!

Here's the recipe we used:
2C butter (4 sticks-softened)
3C powdered sugar
2 eggs
2t vanilla extract
4C all purpose flour
2t baking soda
2t cream of tartar
1/2t salt

Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs and vanilla and mix. In a separate (large) bowl, mix dry ingredients together. Then add butter mixture to dry ingredients. Mix well into dough. Form dough into two balls and refridgerate one hour. Flour surface and roll cookie dough out to 1/4" thick. Use your favorite cookie cutters and place on baking sheet (I use a silpat liner-so great!) Bake at 400 F for 8 minutes. Remove and place on cooling rack or surface. Frost when cool.

Frosting: Mix 4C powdered sugar with about 4 tablespoons of water (give or take a few drops) until desired consistency. Then decorate before icing dries.

Yields: Well, it depends on how big you like your cookies! But this is how many ours makes:




Hmmm, might be a few missing???
They were good too!

4 comments:

  1. Very cool JoAnn! I didn't know you were HS him! Great looking cookies. way better than the ones I made today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! thanks for the welcome to Copper! I love it here. We have begun the fun of homeschooling, and should be recieving all our goodies next week. My kids are really enjoying the deschooling process, as am I since I get to sleep in! (for now anyway,lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are luh-velly! I'm always on the look out for a good (solid) holiday cookie recipe...and I'm picky about my frosting/icing.
    I'm going to give these a shot.
    And it totally doesn't surprise me that they originally came from Judy, my personal goddess of good recipes! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, she's my inspiration for the baking, but I've had the recipe for year on a silly piece of scrap paper! Don't know where it came from? Here's a tip for frosting pickiness: use a flavor extract in your icing mixture. Peppermint or almond are my favorites for xmas cookies.

    ReplyDelete

So whaddaya think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...